Academic Areas: Pattern recognition, image analysis, multi band infrared image fusion, image signal processor, high-speed parallel processing technology, programmable device
Weidong Yang is an associate professor of National Key Laboratory of Science &Technology on Multispectral Information Processing, School of Automation, Huazhong University of Science and Technology.
Professor Yang’s research is focused primarily on Automatic target recognition of multi-spectral image, image fusion,computer vision, pattern recognition. Specific initiatives that he has pursed include: research of target detection based on GNSS-R signals, which focus on the imaging by reflecting of satellites signals;automatic target detection in optical remote sensing images;feature extraction of target in infrared images;scene expression based on texture elements and target recognition.He gets more than ten authorized patents and has published in those areas
Sept. 1990-July 1994 Huazhong University of Science and Technology B.S. in Industrial automation
Sept. 1996-May 1999 Huazhong University of Science and Technology M.S. in Pattern recognition and intelligent system.
Sept.1999-May 2005 Huazhong University of Science and Technology Ph.D. in Pattern recognition and intelligent system.
Nov. 2013- present: Professor, School of Automation, MOE Key Lab. of Image Processing and Intelligence Control, National Key Laboratory of multi spectral information technology. HUST.
Nov. 2007-Oct. 2013：Associate Professor, Institute for Pattern Recogniton and artificial intelligence,
National Key Laboratory of multi spectral information processing technology, HUST.
March. 2004 –Apr. 2004：Visiting Scholar, Bordeaux-3 University, France .
Nov. 2002-Nov. 2007: Lecturer, Institute for Pattern Recogniton and artificial intelligence, MOE Key Lab. of Image Processing and Intelligence Control, HUST.
1. A real-time embedded architecture for SIFT, Source: Journal of Systems Architecture, v 59, n 1, p 16-29, January 2013, Zhong, Sheng; Wang, Jianhui; Yan, Luxin; Kang, Lie; Cao, Zhiguo
2. New entropic thresholding approach using gray‐level spatial correlation histogram, Source: Optical Engineering, v 49, n 12, p 127007 (13 pp.), Dec. 2010, Yang Xiao; Zhiguo Cao; *Sheng Zhong
3. Blind image deconvolution with spatially adaptive total variation regularization, Source: Optics Letters, v 37, n 14, p 2778-2780, July 15, 2012, Yan, Luxin; Fang, Houzhang; *Zhong, Sheng
4. Semi-blind spectral deconvolution with adaptive Tikhonov regularization, Source: Applied Spectroscopy, v 66, n 11, p 1334-1346, November 2012, Yan, Luxin; Liu, Hai; *Zhong, Sheng; Fang, Houzhang
5. Defocus blurred image restoration by minimizing second-order central moment, Source: Proceedings of the SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering, v 8002, p 80021C (7 pp.), 2011, Sheng Zhong; Mingzhi Jin; Luxin Yan; Tianxu Zhang
6. An Improved Implementation of Infrared Focal Plane Image Enhancement Algorithm based on FPGA, Source: Proceedings of the SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering, v 8005, p 800508 (8 pp.), 2011, Sheng Zhong; Dan Shi; Bo Wang; Ke Li
7. A fast template matching method based on context prediction, Source: Proceedings of the SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering, v 8004, p 80040C (7 pp.), 2011, Lie Kang; Sheng Zhong; Zuoqian Du; Zhangfa Ren
8. A New Contour Tracing Method in a Binary Image, Source: 2011 International Conference on Multimedia Technology, p 6183-6, 2011, Lie Kang; Sheng Zhong; Fang Wang
9. Implementation of Large Kernel Convolution in Limited FPGA Resource, Source: Proceedings of the SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering, v 6789, n 1, p 67892N-1-6, 1 Dec. 2007, Sheng Zhong; Yang Li; Luxin Yan; Tianxu Zhang; Zhiguo Cao
10.Intensity-based Correlation for heterogeneous images Scene Matching, Source: Proceedings of the SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering, v 6786, n 1, p 67863B-1-9, 15 Nov. 2007, Sheng Zhong; Huimin Cao; Tianxu Zhang
1.First prize of technology of national defense, Third-placed ,2014.
2.Second prize of technology of national defense,Second-placed,2006.
3.First prize for scientific and technological progress, Ministry of Education,eleventh-placed,2006.
4.Third prize of technology of national defense, Forth-placed, 2006.
Logistics Equipment and Automation
Object-Oriented Programming in C++,
Multi-spectral imaging guidance
Current Research Projects：
1 Jan. 2014- present : National Aerospace Innovation Foundation of China, “Research of Airborne Target Detection Based on GNSS-R Signals”.
Finished Research Projects:
1 Jan.2012-Dec.2015: State Advanced Research Foundation of Key Program ,”Security Technology of Automatic Target Detection in Optical Remote Sensing Images”
2 Jan.2011-Dec.2014: State Advanced Research Foundation of Key Program,“Research of Feature Extraction of Target in Infrared Images”
3 Jun.2012- Jun.2014: State Advanced Research Foundation of Equipment(Grant No:9140A01060112JW05017), “Scene Expression Based on Texture Elements and Target Recognition”.
Patents and Software Copyright Registration
1.Chinese invention patent: A Method of Automatic Target on the Surface of Sea Recognition and Locate.ZL2009100632655,Apr 2014.
2.Chinese invention patent: A Method of Landmark Selection Based on SVM. ZL2011100319070. Feb.2013.
3.Chinese invention patent: A Method of Target Tracking in Image Sequence Base on Platform Attitude Parameters. ZL201110266278X,Feb 2013
4.Chinese invention patent: An Encode and Decode Method of Image Compress and Error Recovery,which Resistance Bit Error of Channel .ZL2011103027534. Oct.2013.
5.Chinese invention patent: A Method of Background Suppression in Infrared Images Based on PDE. ZL2011104581749. May. 2014.