Academic Areas: Computer Vision, Image and Video Segmentation, Texture Analysis, Tracking, and Pattern Recognition
Shoudong Han is currently an associate professor of the school of automation with HUST since 2013. He is also a member of National Key Laboratory of Science and Technology on Multispectral Information Processing, and Key Laboratory of Image Processing and Intelligent Control (HUST), Ministry of Education.
Assoc. Professor Han's research interests are focused primarily on the area of Computer Vision, Image and Video Segmentation, Texture Analysis, Tracking, and Pattern Recognition. He has published numerous periodical papers and conference papers in these fields, such as the IEEE Trans. Image Process., Pattern Recognition, Pattern Recognition Letters, etc.
Sept. 2001-June 2005 Huazhong University of Science and Technology B.S. in Control Science and Engineering
Sept. 2002-June 2005 Huazhong University of Science and Technology double B.S. in Computer Science and Technology
Sept. 2005-June 2007 Huazhong University of Science and Technology M.S. in Control Science and Engineering
Sept. 2006- Sept. 2010 Huazhong University of Science and Technology Ph.D. in Control Science and Engineering
Nov. 2013-present: Associate Professor, School of Automation, National Key Laboratory of Science and Technology on Multispectral Information Processing, Key Laboratory of Image Processing and Intelligent Control (Ministry of Education), HUST.
Sept. 2009-Oct. 2013: Lecturer, Dept. of Control Science and Engineering, HUST.
1. Shoudong Han, Wenbing Tao, Desheng Wang, Xue-Cheng Tai and Xianglin Wu, Image segmentation based on GrabCut framework integrating multiscale nonlinear structure tensor, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 2009, 18(10): 2289-2302.
2. Shoudong Han, Wenbing Tao and Xianglin Wu, Texture segmentation using independent-scale component-wise Riemannian-covariance Gaussian mixture model in KL measure based multi-scale nonlinear structure tensor space, Pattern Recognition, 2011, 44(9): 503-518.
3. Yong Yang, Shoudong Han*, Tianjiang Wang, Wenbing Tao, Xue-Cheng Tai, Multilayer graph cuts based unsupervised color-texture image segmentation using multivariate mixed student's t-distribution and regional credibility merging, Pattern Recognition, 2013, 46(4): 1101-1124.
4. Shoudong Han, Wenbing Tao, Xianglin Wu, Xue-cheng Tai and Tianjiang Wang, Fast image segmentation based on multilevel banded closed-form method, Pattern Recognition Letters, 2010, 31(3): 216-225.
5. Shoudong Han, Xinyu Wang, Texture segmentation using graph cuts in spectral decomposition based Riemannian multi-scale nonlinear structure tensor space, International Journal of Computer Theory and Engineering, 2015, 7(4): 259-263.
6. Shoudong Han, Yong Zhao, Wenbing Tao, Nong Sang, Gaussian super-pixel based fast image segmentation using graph cuts, Acta Automatica Sinica, 2011, 37(1): 11-20.
7. Shoudong Han, Yong Zhao and Wenbing Tao, A study of dissimilarity measures and regional distributions for multiscale nonlinear structure tensor in texture segmentation, in: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, 1180-1184, Hongkong, China, 2012.
8. Wei Xu, Shoudong Han*, Yuchen Peng, Texture Segmentation Based on Nonlinear Compact Multi-Scale Structure Tensor and TV-Flow, in: Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Digital Image Processing, Chengdu, China, 2016.
9. Shuo Deng, Shoudong Han*, Yujun Liu, Image Segmentation Based on Deformed Multiresolution Graph Cuts, in: Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Digital Image Processing, Chengdu, China, 2016.
10. Xiangqin Zeng, Shoudong Han*, Xuan Guo, Interactive Multiway Cuts Integrating Local and Nonlocal Information, in: Proceedings of the 2015 International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Automation, Suzhou, China, 2015.
11. Jin Li, Shoudong Han*, Yong Zhao, Kernel density feature based improved Chan-Vese model for image segmentation, in: Proceedings of the 6th International Congress on Image and Signal Processing, 594-598, Hangzhou, China, 2013.
12. X. Fan, Shoudong Han*, Yong Zhao, An approach of Bayesian networks in magnitude forecast based on earthquake trace cloud, in: Proceedings of IET International Conference on Information Science and Control Engineering, 2054-2058, Shenzhen, China, 2012.
13. Tao Wang, Zexuan Ji, Quansen Sun, Shoudong Han, Combining pixel-level and patch-level information for segmentation, Neurocomputing, 2015, 158(6): 13-25.
14. Tao Wang, Zexuan Ji, Quansen Sun, Qiang Chen, Shoudong Han, Image segmentation based on weighting boundary information via graph cut, Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, 2015, 33(11): 10-19.
1. Excellent Doctoral Dissertation Award of Hubei Province, 2012.
2. Second Prize of the 14th Excellence Natural Science Papers in Huber Province, 2012.
Current Research Projects：
1. Jan. 2015-Dec.2016: Natural Science Foundation of Hubei province in China (Grant NO. 2015CFB193): “Key Technology Research for Moving Targets Tracking in the Urban Traffic Scenes”.
2. Jan. 2015-Dec.2017: National High-Tech Research and Development Program of China (863 Program) (Grant NO. 2015AA015904): “True 3D Video View Synthesis and Display System Based on the Optical-Field”.
Finished Research Projects:
1. Jan. 2012-Dec.2014: National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant NO. 61105006): “The Research of Super Compact Structure Tensor Modeling and Graph Cuts Optimization Classification Methods”.
2. Jan. 2012-Dec.2014: Research Fund for the Doctoral Program of Higher Education (Grant NO. 20110142120047): “The Research of Riemannian Space Analysis of Compact Structure Tensor and Interactive Multivariate Classification Methods”.
3. Jan. 2012-Dec.2013: Natural Science Foundation of Hubei province in China (Grant NO. 2011CDB041): “The Research of Color-Texture Modeling and Classification Based on Scale-Adapting Structure Tensor”.
4. Jan. 2013-Dec.2014: Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities of China (HUST) (Grant NO. 2013QN150): “The Research of Facial Expression Extraction and Synthesis Based on Graph Cuts Optimization”.
5. Jun. 2011-Dec.2012: Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities of China (HUST) (Grant NO. 2011QN145): “The Research of Interactive Extraction Methods for “Earthquake Trace Clouds” Based on the Integration of Super Compact Features”.