Academic Areas: Robot Control,Rehabilitation Robot,Intelligent Rehabilitation Aid, Nonlinear Control and Bioinformatics
Jian Huang is a professor of the Department of Intelligent Science and Technology, School of Automation. He is a member of Key Laboratory of the Ministry of Education for Image Processing and Intelligent Control.
Prof. Huang's main research interest includes rehabilitation robots, robot control, flexible object robotic manipulation and bioinformatics. He has published more than 100 papers in academic journals and conferences.
Sept. 1993-July 1997 Huazhong University of Science and Technology B.S. in Automatic Control Engineering
Sept. 1997-May 2000 Huazhong University of Science and Technology M.S. in Control Science and Engineering
Sept.2000-May 2005 Huazhong University of Science and Technology Ph.D. in Control Science and Engineering
Nov. 2013- present: Professor, School of Automation, HUST.
Nov. 2008 –Nov. 2013：Associate Professor, School of Automation, HUST.
Oct. 2006 –Sept. 2008：Postdoc Researcher, Dept. Micro-Nano Systems, Nagoya University, Japan.
1. Jian Huang, Weiguang Huo, Wenxia Xu, Samer Mohammed, Yacine Amirat, “Control of Upper-Limb Power-Assist Exoskeleton Using a Human-Robot Interface Based on Motion Intention Recognition,” IEEE Trans. on Autom. Sci. Eng., 2015, 12(4), 1257-1270.
2. Jian Huang, Songhyok Ri, Lei Liu, Yongji Wang, Jiyong Kim and Gyongchol Pak, “Nonlinear Disturbance Observer-Based Dynamic Surface Control of Mobile Wheeled Inverted Pendulum,” IEEE Trans on Contr. Syst. Technol, 2015, 23(6):2400-2407.
3. Jian Huang, Feng Ding, Toshio Fukuda, Takayuki Matsuno, “Modeling and Velocity Control for a Novel Narrow Vehicle Based on Mobile Wheeled Inverted Pendulum,” IEEE Trans on Contr. Syst. Technol, 2013, 21(5): 1607-1617.
4. Jian Huang, Zhi-Hong Guan, Takayuki Matsuno, Toshio Fukuda and, Kosuke Sekiyama, “Sliding Mode Velocity Control of Mobile Wheeled Inverted Pendulum Systems,” IEEE Trans on Robotics, vol.26, no. 4, pp. 750-758, Aug. 2010
5. Jian Huang, Pei Di, Toshio Fukuda and Takayuki Matsuno, “Robust Model-based Online Fault Detection for Mating Process of Electric Connectors in Robotic Wiring Harness Assembly Systems,” IEEE Trans on Contr. Syst. Technol., vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 1207-1215, Sept. 2010.
6. Jian Huang, Toshio Fukuda and Takayuki Matsuno, “Model-based Intelligent Fault Detection and Diagnosis for Mating Electric Connectors in Robotic Wiring Harness Assembly Systems,” IEEE/ASME Trans on Mechatronics, 2008, 13(1): 86-94
7. Kohei Wakita, Jian Huang*, Pei Di, Kosuge Sekiyama, and Toshio Fukuda, "Human Walking Intention Based Motion Control of Omni-directional Type Cane Robot," IEEE/ASME Trans Mechatronics, 2013, 18(1):285-296.
8. Jun Wu, Jian Huang*, Yongji Wang, Kexin Xing, “Nonlinear Disturbance Observer-Based Dynamic Surface Control for Trajectory Tracking of Pneumatic Muscle System,” IEEE Trans on Contr. Syst. Technol., 2014, 22(2): 440-455
9. Hiroki Furuichi, Jian Huang*, Toshio Fukuda and Takayuki Matsuno, “Switching Dynamic Modeling and Driving Stability Analysis of Three-Wheeled Narrow Tilting Vehicle,” IEEE/ASME Trans on Mechatronics, 2014, 19(4): 1309-1322
10. Pei Di, Yasuhisa Hasegawa, Shotaro Nakagawa, Kosuke Sekiyama, Toshio Fukuda, Jian Huang*, and Qiang Huang “Fall Detection and Prevention Control Using Walking-Aid Cane Robot,” IEEE/ASME Trans on Mechatronics, 2016, 21(2): 625-637.
1. First grade prize of Hubei Province Natural Science Prize (2014)
2. “New Century Excellent Talent” of China Education Ministry (2012)
3. First grade prize of Chinese Education Ministry for the Progress of Natural Science (2005)
1. Principle of Automatic Control Theory
2. Principle and Control Techniques of Robot
Current Research Projects：
1. Jan. 2015-Dec. 2018: Study of Fall Prevention Control of Cane Walking-Aid Robot with Human-Robot Coordination Stability Constraint, supported by NSF China (Grant No. 61473130)
2. Jan. 2013-Dec. 2015: Program for New Century Excellent Talents in University (Grant No. NCET-12-0214)
3. Jan. 2015-Dec. 2017: The Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars of Hubei Province (Grant No. 2015CFA047)