Academic Areas: Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, Image Processing, Parallel Computing and Bionic Navigation
Jiangu Liu is a professor of the Department of Intelligent Science and Technology, School of Automotion. He is a member of National Key Laboratory on Multi-spectral Information Processing, and Ministry of EducationKey Laboratory on Image Processing and Intelligent Control.
Professor Liu's research is focused primarily on computer vision,pattern recognition,image processing,parallel computing and bionic navigation.Professor Liu proposed fast transforms based on first-order moments and entropy flow-aided navigation in the world.
Feb. 1978-Jan. 1982 Wuhan University of Technology B.S. in Mathematics
Feb. 1982-Sept. 1984 Huazhong University of Science and Technology M.S. Computer Science and Engineering
July.1992-October 1996 The University of Hong Kong Ph.D. in Electronic Engineering
Mar. 2013- present: Professor, School of Automation,HUST, National Key Laboratory on Multi-spectral Information Processing, Ministry of EducationKey Laboratory on Image Processing and Intelligent Control.
Nov. 2004 –Mar. 2013：Professor,Institute of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence, HUST, National Key Laboratory on Multi-spectral Information Processing, Ministry of EducationKey Laboratory on Image Processing and Intelligent Control.
Dec. 1998-Aug. 2004：Visiting Scholar, School of Medicine, The University of Pennsylvania, USA.
Dec. 1996- Nov.2004: Associate Professor,Institute of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence, HUST, National Key Laboratory on Multi-spectral Information Processing, Ministry of EducationKey Laboratory on Image Processing and Intelligent Control.
July, 1992-Oct. 1996: Ph.D.Candidate, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, The University of Hong Kong.
Sept.1986-Nov.1996: Lecturer, Institute of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence, HUST.
Oct. 1984-Sept.1986: Teaching Assistant, Institute of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence,HUST.
1. Li Cao, J. G. Liu, Jun Xiong, Jing Zhang, “Novel Structures for Cyclic Convolution Using Improved First-order Moment Algorithm”, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, vol. 61, no. 8, pp. 2370-2379, 2014.
2. J. G. Liu, and Xia Hua, “A Novel Approach to compute Discrete W Transform”, Circuits、 Systems and Signal Processing, vol. 33, no. 9, pp.2867-2880, 2014.
3. J.G. Liu, Chao Pan, and Zhenbing Liu “Novel Convolutions using First-order Moments”, IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 61, no. 7, pp. 1050-1056, 2012.
4. Chao Pan, He Deng, Xiaofang Yin, and J.G. Liu, “An optical flow-based integrated navigation system inspired byinsect vision”, Biological Cybernetics, vol. 105, no. 3 -4, pp. 239-252, 2011.
5. He Deng and J.G. Liu, “Infrared small target detection based on the self-information map”, Infrared Physics and Technology, vol. 54, no.2, pp.100–107, 2011.
6. He Deng, Chao Pan, Tongxie Wen, and J.G.Liu, “Entropy flow-aided navigation”, The Journal of Navigation，vol.64, pp. 109-125, 2011.
7. S. B. Chen, J.G. Liu, G.Y. Wang and Q.L. Li, “SAR image heterogeneity and speckle filtering”, Electronics Letters, vol;.46, no.1, pp. 80-82, 2010.
8. Zhenbing Liu, J.G.Liu, Chao Pan, Guoyou Wang. “A Novel Geometric Approach to Binary Classification Based on Scaled Convex Hulls”, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, 20 (7) :1215-1220 , 2009.
9. Zhenbing Liu, J.G.Liu, Zhong Chen. “A Generalized Gilbert's Algorithm for Approximating General SVM Classifiers”, Neurocomputing ,73(1-3):219-224, 2009.
10. P. P. Zhu, J. G. Liu, S. K. Dai, “Fixed-point IDCT without multiplications based on B.G. Lee's algorithm”, Digital Signal Processing: A Review Journal, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 770-777, 2009.
11. J. G. Liu, Y. Z. Liu, and G. Y. Wang, “Fast discrete W transforms via computation of moments”, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing,，vol. 53, no. 2, pp.645-649, Feb. 2005.
12. J. G. Liu, Y. Z. Liu, and G. Y. Wang, “Fast DCT-I, DCT-III, and DCT-IV via moments”, EURASIP Applied Signal Processing, no.12, pp.1902-1909, 2005.
13. J. G. Liu, J. K. Udupa, D. Odhner, D. Hackney, and G. Moonis, “A system for brain tumor volume estimation via MR imaging and fuzzy connectedness”, Computerized medical imaging and graphics, vol. 29, no.1, pp. 21-34, 2005.
14. J. G. Liu, F. H. Y. Chan, F. K. Lam, H. F. Li, and George S. K. Fung, “Moment-based fast discrete Hartley transform”, Signal Processing, vol. 83, no. 8, pp. 1749-1757, 2003.
15. J. G. Liu, J. K. Udupa, D. Dewey, Joseph M. McDonough, and R. Arens, “A system for upper airway segmentation and measurement via MR imaging and fuzzy connectedness”, Academic Radiology, vol. 10, no.1, pp. 13-24, 2003.
Second Prize of Excellent Science Thesis in Hubei, 2012.
Digital Image Processing
Digital Image Processing,
Pattern Recognition, Recent Progresses in Image Processing
Current Research Projects：
Jan. 2014-Dec. 2016,Space Innovation Foundation of China: “Entropy Flow Based Bionic Navigation”.
Finished Research Projects:
Jan. 2011-Dec. 2013, National Natural Science Foundation of China(Grant NO. ): “First-Order Moment Based Fast Transforms”.
Patents and Software Copyright Registration
1 Chinese invention patent:First-Order Moment Based Convolution, ZL 201210553580.8, July 2015.
2 Chinese invention patent: A Method of Extracting Cells from Microscopic Human Feces Image, ZL 201310585340.0, Feb.2016.
3 Chinese software copyright registration: Control and Process Softwares of Intelligent Cash-Counting Machine, 2010SR066672, August, 2010.