Academic Areas: Machine learning and its applications on image processing, biological information processing and chemistry
Jun Jiang is an assistant professor of the Department of Intelligence Science & Technology, School of Automation, HUST. He is a member of National Key Laboratory of Multi-spectral Information Processing Technology, and Key Laboratory of Image Information Processing and Intelligence Control, Ministry of Education.
He has published over 10 papers on conferences & Journals & book chapters. Before PhD studying, his works were focused on face detection/recognition, image processing and visual object tracking. His research interests are machine learning, as well its applications on image processing and data analysis etc.
Sept. 1988-July 1992: B.S. in Applied Chemistry, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Sept. 1997-May 2000: M.S. in Pattern Recognition & Intelligent System, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Dec.2005-July 2010: Ph.D. in Computer Science, City University of Hong Kong
Jan. 2013-Present: Assistant Professor，Shool of Automation, HUST.
Aug. 2010-Dec. 2012: Assistant Professor, Institute of Pattern Recognition & Artifical Intelligence, HUST.
July 2002-July 2010: Lecturer, Institute of Pattern Recognition & Artifical Intelligence, HUST.
July 2000-June 2002: Teaching Assistant, Institute of Pattern Recognition & Artifical Intelligence, HUST.
July 1995-Aug. 1997: Soft Engineer, Ningbo KIM High Technology Corp.
July 1992-June 1995: Engineer, Hangzhou Second Television Manufacturing Corp.
1. J. Jiang, H. H. S. Ip and Guilin Zhang, Graph-incorporated active learning with SVM, Proceedings of the SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering, v 8006, p 80062Q (8 pp.), 2011
2. J. Jiang and H. H. S. Ip, Active Learning for the Prediction of Phosphorylation Sites, Proceedings of International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN2008), IEEE, Hong Kong, 2008.
3. J. Jiang and H. H. S. Ip, Active Learning with SVM, in J. R. Rabuñal, J. Dorado and A. Pazos, eds., Encyclopedia of Artificial Intelligence, Information Science Reference 2008.
4. J. Jiang and H. H. S. Ip, Dynamic Distance-based Active Learning with SVM, in P. Perner, ed., Proceedings of International Conference on Machine Learning and Data Mining in Pattern Recognition, Springer, Leipzig, Germany, 2007, pp. 296-309.
5. J. Jiang and H. H. S. Ip, A Real-time Hierarchical Rule-based Approach for Scale Independent Human Face Detection, Proceedings of SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering, v, 6496, Proceedings of SPIE-IS and T Electronic Imaging - Real-Time Image Processing 2006, 2006, pp. 64960.
Current Research Projects：
May.2012-Dec.2016: Scientific research project supported by enterprise: "The Research and Development on the Portable Laser Imaging and Projector".
Jan.2016-Dec.2016: Scientific research project supported by enterprise: “The Analysis of the Data of Rod Strings”.
Finished Research Projects:
2011-2012：The Innovation Funds of HUST: "Analysis of Small Problems in Active Learning and Its Applications"
2003-2005: Natural Science Foundation of Hubei Province: "The Research on Real-time Face Dection”.
2002-2003: Scientific research project supported by enterprise: "The Development of Infrared/Television Image Tracking System".