Academic Areas: Flight vehicle trajectory Optimization, Guidance and Control of flight vehicle, Intelligent Optimization
Yongji Wang is a professor of the Department of Flight Vehicle Navigation and Guidance, School of Automation, Distinguished Professor “Huazhong Scholar” at HUST. He is a senior member of Chinese Automation Association, President of Automation Association, Vice Chair of IEEE Wuhan section, Standing member of council of Electric Automation Committee of Chinese Automation Society , Standing member of council of Intelligent Robot Committee of Chinese Association for Artificial Intelligence, Regional editor of international Journal of Modeling, Identification and control, Editorial board member of Journal of Control Science and Engineering.
Professor Wang's research is focused primarily on intelligent optimization and intelligent control, guidance and control of flight vehicle.
Feb. 1978-Jan. 1982 Shanghai Railway University, B.S. in Electrical Engineering
Feb. 1982-July 1984 Huazhong Institute of Technology, M.S. in Automation
Sept.1986-Oct.1990 Huazhong University of Science and Technology Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering
1995.6- present: Professor, School of automation, State Key Laboratory of Multispectral Information Technology Processing
2004.9-2004.10: Guest professor, Faculty of Computing, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences, University of the West of England (UWE), UK
2003.9-2003.10: Visiting Professor, Dept. of Bioengineering, Arizona State University, USA
2001.8-2001.10: senior visiting professor, sponsored by Chinese Scholarship Council Dept. of paper science, UMIST, UK
1997.10-1998.10: senior visitor scholar, sponsored by Chinese Scholarship Council Process Control Laboratory, Dept. of Chemical Engineering, University of Dortmund, Germany
1993.6-1995.5: Associate Professor , Dept. of Automatic Control Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
1990.6-1993.5: Lecture , Dept. of Automatic Control Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
1982.9-1990.9: Teaching staff, Dept. of Automatic Control Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
- Hou, Zhiwei, Liu, Lei(*), Wang, Yongji, Huang, Jian, Fan, Huijin. Terminal Impact Angle Constraint Guidance with Dual Sliding Surfaces and Model-Free Target Acceleration Estimator. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 2016, DOI: 10.1109/TCST.2016.2547984
- Lan, Xue-Jing, Liu, Lei(*), Wang, Yong-Ji, Online trajectory planning and guidance for reusable launch vehicles in the terminal area, Acta Astronautica, 2016, 118: 237-245.
- Huang, Jian, Qian, Jin, Liu, Lei(*), Wang, Yongji, Xiong, Caihua, Ri, Songhyok. Echo State Network based Predictive Control with Particle Swarm Optimization for Pneumatic Muscle Actuator. Journal of the Franklin Institute, 2016, doi:10.1016/j.jfranklin. 2016. 05.004.
- Liu, Bing, Liu, Lei, Wang, Yongji, Fan, Huijin(*), Stabilization of nonlinear uncertain systems with stochastic actuator failures and time-varying delay, International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, 2016, 26(9): 1825–1840.
- Wang, Yongji(*), Dong, Shuai, Ou, Liuli, Liu, Lei, Cooperative control of multi-missile systems, IET Control Theory and Applications, 2015, 9(3): 441-446
- Liu, Lei, Dong, Shuai, Wang, Yongji(*), Ou, Liuli, Clearance of Flight Control Law Based on Structural Singular Value Theory, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, 2015, 51(3): 2138-2147.
- Jian Huang, Songhyok Ri, Lei Liu, Yongji Wang, Jiyong Kim, Gyongchol Pak, Nonlinear Disturbance Observer-Based Dynamic Surface Control of Mobile Wheeled Inverted Pendulum, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 2015,23(6):2400-2407
- Zhang, Da, Liu, Lei(*), Wang, Yongji, On-line Ascent Phase Trajectory Optimal Guidance Algorithm based on Pseudo-spectral Method and Sensitivity Updates, Journal of Navigation, 2015, 68(6): 1056-1074.
- Ou, Liuli, Liu, Lei(*), Wang, Yongji, Huang, Jian, Observer-based robust control for a flexible launch vehicle, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part I-Journal of Systems and Control Engineering, 2015, 229(6): 506-516.
- Zhang, Da, Liu, Lei, Wang, Yongji(*), On-line reentry guidance algorithm with both path and no-fly zone constraints, Acta Astronautica, 2015, 117: 243-253
- Lan XueJing, Wang YongJi(*), Liu Lei, Dynamic decoupling tracking control for the polytopic LPV model of hypersonic vehicle, Science China Information Sciences, 2015, 58(9): 1-14
- Wei, Xing, Wang, Yongji(*), Dong, Shuai, Liu, Lei, A Three-Dimensional Cooperative Guidance Law of Multimissile System, International Journal of Aerospace Engineering, 2015, 1(1).
- Liuli. Ou, Shaobo Han, Yongji Wang(*), Shuai Dong, Lei Liu, Partial Pole Placement in LMI Region, Journal of Control Science and Engineering, 2014.
- Liuli Ou, Lei Liu(*), Shuai Dong, Yongji Wang, Robust Stability Clearance of Flight Control Law Based on Global Sensitivity Analysis, Journal of Applied Mathematics, 2014.
- Wu Jun, Huang Jian(*), Wang Yongji and Xin Kexin, Nonlinear Disturbance Observer-Based Dynamic Surface Control for Trajectory Tracking of Pneumatic Muscle System, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 2014,22(2):440-455
- Zhao, Dang-Jun, Wang, Yong-Ji(*), Liu, Lei, Wang, Zhi-Shen, Robust Fault-Tolerant Control of Launch Vehicle Via GPI Observer and Integral Sliding Mode Control, ASIAN JOURNAL OF CONTROL, 2013, 15(2): 614-623.
- Wang, Zhishen, Liu, Lei(*), Wang, Yongji, Zhao, Dangjun, A BMI Approach for H-2 Based Decomposition, International Journal of Control Automation and Systems, 2012, 10(3): 470-480.
- Xing, Kexin, Huang, Jian(*),He, Jiping, Wang Yongji, Xu, Qi and Wu, Jun ，Sliding mode tracking for actuators comprising pneumatic muscle and torsion spring ，Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control, 2012，34(2-3)：255-277
- Xie Fu-Qiang，Wang Yong-Ji(*)，Hu Cheng-Yu，Zheng Zong-Zhun ，A Novel Migrant PSO Algorithm for Vehicle Reentry Trajectory Optimization，Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, 2012, 9(2): 276-285
- Xing Kexin, Wang Yongji, Zhu Quanmin and Zhou Hanying, Modeling and control of McKibben artificial muscle enhanced with echo state networks, Control Engineering Practice, 2012, 20(5):477-488
- Deng, Z., Wang, Y., Liu, L., Zhu, Q., Guaranteed cost decoupling control of bank-to-turn vehicle, IET CONTROL THEORY AND APPLICATIONS, 2010, 4(9): 1594-1604.
- Xing, Kexin, Huang, Jian，Wang Yongji, et al，Tracking control of pneumatic artificial muscle actuators based on sliding mode and non-linear disturbance observer ，IET Control Theory and Applications, 2010, 4(10): 2058-2070
- Wang Yongji, Wang Jincheng and wang Min, The Principle of Automatic Control(3rd edition),Chemical Engineering Press,2015
- Lei Liu, Quanmin Zhu, Lei Cheng, Yongji Wang and Dongya Zhao. Applied Methods and Techniques for Mechatronic Systems: Modelling, Identification and Control. New York: Springer, 2013.10.
Wang Yongji and Tu Jain, Neural Network Control, Mechanical Engineering Press,1998
Awards and Honors
2002outstanding Teacher Award, Rockwell Automation Corp., USA
2012 Distinguished Professor “Huazhong Scholar” at HUST
1、Automatic Control Principle (responsibility professor at HUST）
Artificial Neural Networks: Principle and Application
Intelligent computing and modern optimization
Login and edit information
Current Research Projects：
1、2015.1-2018.12 National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No.61474128): Game based control of high dynamic space swarm antagonism movement
2、2011-2020: National Key Project, Studies on trajectory Optimization and Guidance Technology of flight vehicle,
Finished Research Projects:
1、2012-2015: Advanced research project: “Clearance on flight control systems”
2、2010-2013, National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No.60975058): “Interaction mechanism and cooperative control of human-rehabilitation robot systems”
3、2008-2011, National High-Tech Research and Development Program of China (Grant NO. 2008AA04Z207): Intelligent control technology on upper limb rehabilitation robot”
4、2007-2009, National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 60674105): “Modeling and control of human brain motion neural systems based on Spiking neural networks”