Academic Areas: Hybrid Power Supply System Modeling, Optimization, Control and development, Solid Oxide Fuel Cell (SOFC) system and Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell (PEMFC) System Design and Integration, Battery Management System (BMS).
Jiang Jianhua is a lecturer of the Department of Control Theory and Control Engineering, School of Automation. He is a member of Key Laboratory of Education Ministry for Image Processing and Intelligent Control.
Jiang’s research is focused primarily on hybrid power supply system modeling, optimization, control and development, aiming at providing a high efficiency green power supply system. Specific initiatives that he has pursued include: providing a high-efficiency, low emission green power supply solution for unmanned vehicles (unmanned underwater vehicle (UUV), unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)), and other distributed applications such as lighthouse, border post in remote area by designing fuel cell balance of plant (BOP) system, investigating fuel cell system thermo-electrical cooperative control strategy, developing battery management system (BMS) and thermal management system, studying optimal hybrid system power management and developing engineering prototype hybrid power supply systems.
He has published in the areas of power system design, system modeling, optimization and control etc.
Sept. 2003-July 2007 Center South University, B.S. in Information Science and Engineering
Sept. 2007-May 2013 Huazhong University of Science and Technology Ph.D. in Control Theory and Engineering
Jul. 2015- present: Lecture, School of Automation, Key Laboratory of Education Ministry for Image Processing and Intelligent Control HUST.
Jul. 2013 –Jun. 2015：Post-Doctor, Material Science and engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology.
(1) Jianhua Jiang, Xi Li*, Zhonghua Deng, Lin Zhang, Jian Li; Modeling and Model-based Analysis of a Solid Oxide Fuel Cell Thermal-Electrical Management System with an Air Bypass Valve. Electrochimica Acta, 177(20):250-63, 2015. (SCI, A, 2013 IF=4.086);
(2) Jianhua Jiang, Xi Li*, Zhonghua Deng, Jie Yang, Yisheng Zhang, Jian Li; Thermal management of an independent steam reformer for a solid oxide fuel cell with constrained generalized predictive control. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 37(17): 12317-31, 2012. (SCI, A, 2013 IF=3.548);
(3) Jianhua Jiang, Xi Li*, Zhonghua Deng, Jie Yang, Yisheng Zhang, Jian Li; Control-oriented dynamic optimization of steam reformer with an improved optimization algorithm. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 38(26): 11288-302, 2013. (SCI, A, 2013 IF=3.548);
(4) Lin Zhang, Xi Li, Jianhua Jiang*, et al.; Dynamic modeling and analysis of a 5-kW solid oxide fuel cell system from the perspectives of cooperative control of thermal safety and high efficiency. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 40: 456-476, 2015. (SCI, A, 2013 IF=3.548);
(5) Huan Cheng, Xi Li, Jianhua Jiang*, et al.; A nonlinear sliding mode observer for the estimation of temperature distribution in a planar solid oxide fuel cell. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 40: 593-606, 2015. (SCI, A, 2013 IF=3.548);
(6) Jianhua Jiang, Dong Yan, Xi Li, Jian Li; Performance evaluation of a 1kW class independent SOFC system with external manifold stack. International Conference on Electrochemical Energy Science and Technology (EEST2014) Shanghai, China, Oct. 31- Nov. 4, 2014.
(7) Jianhua Jiang, Xi Li; Modeling and Model-based Analysis of a Solid Oxide Fuel Cell Thermal-Electrical Management System with an Air Bypass Valve. 15th Hydrogen energy conference, 13~16 Nov., 2014.
(8) Jianhua Jiang, Xi Li; Steady-state analysis of 5kW SOFC system with novel configuration. Electrochemical Society Transactions, 57(1): 437-442, 2013.
(9) Lin Zhang, Jianhua Jiang, Huan Cheng, Zhonghua Deng, Xi Li*, Control strategy for power management, efficiency-optimization and operating-safety of a 5-kW solid oxide fuel cell system. Electrochimica Acta, 177(20):237-49, 2015. (SCI, A, 2013 IF=4.086);
(10) Yang Jie, Li Xi*, Jiang JianHua, Li Jian, et al. Parameter optimization for tubular solid oxide fuel cell stack based on the dynamic model and an improved genetic algorithm. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 36(10): 6160-74, 2011. (SCI, A, 2013 IF=3.548);
(11) Hongliang Cao, Xi Li*, Zhonghua Deng*, Jianhua Jiang, Jie Yang, Jian Li, Yi Qi; Generalized predictive control for fractional order dynamic model of solid oxide fuel cell output power. Journal of Power Sources, 195(24): 8097-103, 2010.(SCI, A, 2013 IF=5.211);
1. Ph.D National Scholarship,
2. Ph.D three-good graduate student,
3. Outstanding Ph.D graduate,
4. Outstanding post-doctor
5. Hong Kong Scholars (600,000)
Computer control technology l
Fuel cell system and controll
Current Research Projects：
(1) National Natural Science foundation of China（NSFC, Manager，250,000）：Study of Load following oriented thermal management and high efficiency cooperative control for an external reformer integrated solid oxide fuel cell system (No. 61403151).
(2) China Postdoctoral Science Special Foundation（Manager，150,000）：Thermo-electrical cooperative control of solid oxide fuel cell system based on stack temperature distribution observation (No. 2015T80801).
(3) China Postdoctoral Science Foundation（Manager，50,000）：The Efficiency optimization mechanism and thermo-electrical cooperative control study of solid oxide fuel cell system (No. 2014M562046).
(4) National High Technology Research and Development Program ("863"Program) of China（key member, 18,830,000）：5kW-scale planar independent SOFC system integration technology (No. 2011AA050702).
(5) National Natural Science foundation of China（key member, 880,000）：Study of oriented load following thermal-electric management and control for solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) with high system efficiency (No. 61573612).
Finished Research Projects:
Patents and Software Copyright Registration
(1) Title: A SOFC system and thermal-electrical control method. No.201310104574.9.
(2) Title: A method for SOFC system parameter determination. No.201410185972.2.
(3) Title: A method for the temperature determination of hot strip steel laminar cooling. No.201410110758.0.
(4) Title: A method for Phytotron control No. 201410269592.7.
(5) Title: A controller for SOFC system, No.201210546452.0.
(6) Title: A ocean buoys oriented SOFC power management system, No.201310552132.0.
Software Copyright Registration
Owner：Huazhong University of Science and Technology，title：The predictive simulation software of laminar cooling producing process, No. 2013SR107758.