Academic Areas: Image processing, Pattern recognition, Inverse problem, Sparse representation,Medical physics
Shan Tan is a professor of the Department of Intelligent Science and Technology, School of Automation. He is a member of Key Laboratory of Ministry of Education for Image Processing and Intelligence Control, and Key Laboratory of Image Processing and Intelligent Control of Ministry of Education of P. R. China.
Ph. D. in Pattern Recognition and Intelligent Systems, 09/2002-03/2007, School of Electronic Engineering, Xidian University, Xi’an, Shannxi Province, China
M. Sc. in Electrical Engineering, 09/1999-06/2002, School of Electrical Engineering, Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei Province, China
Professor, 06/2011- present, School of Automation, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei Province, China
Postdoctoral Fellow, 06/2010-09/2011, Department of Radiation Oncology, School of Medicine, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD
Postdoctoral Fellow, 06/2007-06/2010, Department of Computer Science, University of Houston, Houston, TX
1. T. Sun, N. Sun, J. Wang, and S. Tan, “Iterative CBCT reconstruction using Hessian penalty”, Physics in medicine and biology, vol. 60, pp. 1965-1987, Feb 12 2015
2. H. Zhang, S. Tan, W. Chen, S. Kligerman, G. Kim, W. D. D
1. Honorable Mention of the 2009 Chinese Excellent Dissertation Award (2009)
2. Excellent Dissertation Award from Xidian University, China (2008)
1 Digital Image Process
2. An Introduction to Scientific Research
1. Pattern recognition and intelligent system
1. 1/2014 – 12/2017, "Research on Theory and Algorithms for PET Image Blind Segmentation”, National Natural Science Foundation of China (NNSFC), Grant No. 61375018, PI: Shan Tan.
2. 5/2012 – 5/2014, “Automatic Tumor Segmentation in PET Imaging,” Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities, Grant No. 2012QN086, PI: Shan Tan.
3. 1/2010 – 12/2012, “Adaptive Sparse Signal Representation and Reconstruction Based on Compressive Sensing,” National Natural Science Foundation of China (NNSFC), Grant No. 60971112, PI: Shan Tan.