Academic Areas: Smart City , Biocomputing
Zheng Zhang is an associate professor of the Department of Intelligent Science and Technology, School of automation in Huazhong University of Science and Technology. Associate professor Zhang’s research is focused primarily on smart city, biocomputing as well as pervasive computing. Specific initiatives that he has pursued include: promoting projects with entrepreneurs about smart transportation, of which the digital system in vehicles has been used in 60 bus lines and more than 2,000 buses,
leading one project of National Natural Science Foundation of China, one project of the National High Technology Research and Development Program("863"Program) of China, one project of Natural Science Foundation of Hubei and so on. He has published about 10 papers in related fields last five years and has been awarded the Third Prize of Science and Technology Progress of Hubei province in 2010, the First Prize of Natural Science of Hubei province etc.
Sept. 1994-July 1998 Huazhong University of Science and Technology B.S. in both Engineering and Management
Sept. 1998-May 2001 Huazhong University of Science and Technology M.S. in Engineering as well as teaching there
From April 2007 Huazhong University of Science and Technology Ph.D. in System Analysis and Integration
 Z. Zhang, J. Liu. The bimolecular pushdown automaton base on the DNA computing. Chinese journal of Computers, 2008, 31(12): 2168-2173.
 Y. Jiang, X. Zhang, Z. Zhang. A uniform solution to subset sum by tissue P systems with cell separation. Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience (Accepted).
 江赟, 石晓龙, 张征. 脉冲神经网络在穷举使用规则下产生的二进制字符串语言.计算机学报, 2009, 12: 2355-2361.
 Z. Zhang, X. Shi, J. Liu, et al. A method to encrypt information with DNA computing. Proceeding of Third International Conference on Bio-Inspired Computing: Theories and Applications, 155-159.
 Z. Zhang, J. Xu, J. Liu, et al. Programmable pushdown store base on DNA computing. Lecture Notes Computer Science, 2006, 4115: 286-293.
 Z. Zhang, J. Liu. Predicting melting temperature of Oligonucleotides duplex by radial basis networks. Dynamics of Continuous, Discrete and Impulsive Systems, 2006, 14: 833-839.
 X. Shi, X. Li, Z. Zhang, et al. Improve capability of DNA automaton: DNA automaton with three internal states and tape head move in two directions. Lecture Notes Computer Science, 2005, 3645: 71-79.
1. Third Prize of science and Technology Progress of Hubei Province, 2010: Heavy rail straightening process parameter monitoring and optimization system
2. First Prize of Natural Science of Hubei Province, 2007: Biological computing theory in non-traditional high performance computing
3. Second Prize of Natural Science of Ministry of Education,2007: Research on Intelligent Computing Methods in network structure and optimization
4.Second Prize of Science and Technology Progress of Hubei Province,2006: Optimization of control system for water cooling line
Zhang is the tutor of Team GNG (glow and glory), which is an innovation team of Qiming College in HUST. Also, he is the adviser of the Microsoft Club in Central China. He directed students to take part in all kinds of innovation competitions both here and abroad and has won prizes for about 20 times. In the meanwhile, he guides students in State Innovative Experimental Program for College Students. In 2009, the team he guided in the Imagine Cup has won the first prize in China area and represented China to compete in the final. In 2010, another software design project in Imagine Cup also won the first prize in China area and stand for China to take part in the final competition. In 2010, members of GNG participated in Individual Game Design Festival and the project “White Laboratory” gained the highest prize: the Best Game.
Cooperation projects with enterprises:
1.LED intelligent lighting system（With Fukai Electronic）
2. Intelligent vehicle electronic system（With bus group）
3. Heavy rail double chamfering research——The development of heavy rail online double chamfering process and control program（With Wuhan Iron and Steel (Group) Corp.）
4. Automatic rating analysis system for rapid cold corrosion inspection of continuous casting steel slab（With Wuhan Iron and Steel (Group) Corp.）
5. Study on improvement of heavy rail bolt hole double chamfering process（With Wuhan Iron and Steel (Group) Corp.）
6. Heavy rail straightening process parameter monitoring and optimization（With Wuhan Iron and Steel (Group) Corp.）
1. Modeling and Simulation of signal transduction pathway in lung cancer based on the theory of Mo（National Natural Science Foundation of China）
2. Research on DNA computer model of large number decomposition（National High Technology Research and Development Program of China（863 plan） ）
3. Research and exploration of DNA calculation based on DNA chip（National Natural Science Foundation of China）
4. Calculation of membrane in molecular biology（National Natural Science Foundation of China）
5. Research on biological hybrid network information processing system（Science and Technology Board of Wuhan）
6. Research on biological hybrid network information processing system（Ministry of Education）
7. NP- complete problem DNA computer model development（Peking University）
8. Research and exploration of DNA computing model based on molecular beacon（National Natural Science Foundation of China）
9. Research of molecular automaton based on DNA computing（Science and Technology Department of Hubei Province）
10. Study of neural membrane computing system（Science and Technology Department of Hubei Province）